Home & School Association
The Home and School Association works to foster a strong relationship between the school administration and families at St. Ann School, building a sense of community through social activities, encouraging family involvement and helping to provide the resources needed for the overall well-being of our children and enhancing their Catholic school experience.
In keeping with our Mission, the Home and School Association (H&SA) gives back to our teachers, students and school families. The funds raised through our various fundraisers help support and enhance academic program activities.
The H&SA proudly supports our school community in the following ways:
- Provide each teacher an annual allotment to spend as they wish to buy things for their students and classroom.
- Fund special electives for Middle School students.
- Host a back to school luncheon for our teachers the week before the start of the school year.
- Purchase balloons to greet our students on the first day back to school.
- Purchase recess toys – balls, jump ropes, chalk.
- Host the parent/teacher social.
- Purchase pumpkins for our teachers to decorate with their classes in October.
- Sponsor the Middle School Hayride each Fall.
- Host the Lower School Halloween Party each October.
- Organize Grandparents/Special Friends Day in November.
- Purchase decorations displayed throughout the school during the Christmas season.
- Host the Teacher Appreciation luncheon during Catholic Schools Week.
- Host the Year End Party for our students during the last week of school. The party includes games and bounce houses, hamburgers and hot dogs, popcorn and water ice and tons of fun.
** We are always interested in hearing suggestions about new fundraising possibilities and new ways we can raise money to support our school. But we can’t get any new fundraisers underway without your help! If you have new fundraising ideas, please click here to complete the attached form and email it to one of the H&S officers.
Home and School is also responsible for helping organize various functions that help our school run smoothly.
Fundraiser and Special Event Volunteers – Parents and family members are vital to the success of the various fundraisers and events the Home and School Association host throughout the year. From the seasonal Box Top Shop, to Bake Sales and Special Event help, all support is a tremendous help.
Lunch Duty volunteers – Lunchtime volunteers help make sure the lunch room runs smoothly and help clean the tables between lunch periods. Whether you can only spare enough time to help for one lunch period sporadically, or you have availability each week, any help is appreciated. If you’re interested in volunteering, contact Brook Rowe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All volunteers must have a Volunteer Covenant and current background check on file with the school/diocesan office. Contact Pat Walker, email@example.com for information on how to obtain a background check.