A Year in Review 2020-2021
June 16, 2021 marked the end of an extraordinary school year. We started the year not sure if we would make it in person more than a few weeks, and yet, defying expectation, we made it safely through the entire year with the whole school attending in person 5 days a week!
Our protocols kept students and faculty safe; there was no instance of Covid spread within the school. Our teachers taught in person and simultaneously online for students who were quarantined at home. Through all of this, our students thrived; they worked hard and had fun learning.
Our standardized test scores were outstanding, our Math League team made the “elite eight” in the state, our Science Olympiad teams were laden with medals, and our middle school students won statewide and national scholastic writing awards. Two-thirds of our eighth-grade class earned scholarships to Catholic high schools. On top of all the academic success, St. Ann’s students enjoyed a wonderful school year filled with as many “normal” experiences as we could safely allow. They experienced hands-on learning, participated in the intellectual life of the classroom, continued their faith formation, and benefited from numerous opportunities for social interaction.
Two-thirds of the students were awarded scholarships to Catholic high schools totaling over $410K
National Junior Honor Society -Twenty nine members inducted into the St Ann Chapter
Middle States Accreditation favorable Mid -Term Review.
- Virtual Science Olympiad
- Grade 6-8 : team earned top 10 with 54 medals
- Grades 4 -5 : Every one of our students earned a medal in at least one event
- 4th grade team ranked third among 16 teams with 11 medals
- National Scholastic Writing Competition
- Rafferty Hill, 7th grade, won a Silver Medal , one of only 2,000 students out of 230,000 entries who achieved national recognition.
Our school had 8 State award winners
- 8th graders received Confirmation
- 2nd graders received First Holy Communion
- Virtual Stations of the Cross produced by 7th Grade
- In person Masses for individual classes and Pre-recorded Mass for school
8th Grade Chairs for Charity project raised over $2K for Make a Wish Foundation
Ronald McDonald House - hundreds of items collected during Spirit Week
Rock your Socks campaign - Raised $648 to support Down Syndrome Association of Delaware
- Thanksgiving Food Drive for the Sunday Breakfast Mission
- Friendship House Code Purple - collected food and toiletries for homeless
- Catholic Schools Week - Pencil Wars collected thousands of school supply items for a local Title I School
- Over $2,000 raised for the American Heart Association.
Teacher vs past and present 8th Grade students volleyball game
- Dr Seuss' birthday celebrated by Kindergarten
- St Patrick's Day shenanigans and dress up day
Inaugural Bike and Trike Day
End of Year party